Eat Dessert First!

Thats what every email from Christie is signed with. "Eat Dessert First!" I had a meeting with her on Saturday to finalize our cake flavors and design (we put our deposit down back in January at the After the Rock wedding show), and let me just say, if I had cake lying around that tasted as good as hers, I'd definitely eat that first! I'm talking before breakfast, lunch, and dinner! (here I come obesity!)

Remember how I wanted a simple two tiered cutting cake? Well as soon as I tasted Christie's cake samples Saturday, I knew I'd have to add on another tier. No joke! Its just that yummy. And her prices are so affordable (starting at only $2 a serving!) adding another tier still didn't break the bank. I just know as soon as my wedding guests discover how yummy our cake is, there will be a stampede towards the dessert table!

We decided on two flavors - the top and bottom layer will be vanilla bean cake with raspberry filling while the middle layer will be lemon poppyseed cake with lemon curd filling. With of course, her to-die-for yummy, light as air, whipped buttercream frosting. (I'm drooling on my keyboard).

Topping the whole delicious cake off will be a couple big peony blooms. Swoon. Its going to be so gorgeous.

What will you be doing for your wedding cake? Make sure you first check out Christie at Christie's Cakes!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment