What comes next?

So, I've bought my dress. Big check mark! So what comes next?? What else do I need to make myself look as fantastic as as can be?
Shoes and a veil! Of course! 

First, let’s talk about veils. Or headpieces. Or flowers. Or fascinators. Or hats. Or headbands. Or any other type of adornment that you wear on your cranium the day of your wedding.

When I first started thinking about veils, I had in mind the huge, long, traditional cathedral-length veil. You know, like the one Princess Diana wore that basically stretched around the church. These veils are super formal and just so dang elegant.

 But then! I discovered mantilla lace veils. It was love at first sight. 


The wonderful thing is that since I didn't end up buying a lace gown, I could get a lace veil! Yippee! So I got online and ordered this beautiful veil - and I'd be lying if I said I haven't tried it on at least once a day since I got it in the mail, just to wear it around my house. I'm smitten! 

Now, onto shoes. Sticking with this "look" ...

I am set on wearing colored wedding shoes - ie pink! - but since these Christian Louboutin shoes are a little out of budget... the hunt was on for the perfect, pink, peep toe, preferably slingback, wedding shoe! And guess what I found on Zappos.com

THESE! 
Holy wedding shoes, Batman! They're perfect! The ideal color, with a girly bow, peep toe, and slingback, plus they are high, but not high enough to make me look the same height as Nate (which is the case with one pair of skyhigh heels that I own). 

My look is coming together, piece by piece. Now, jewelery - I have no idea what earrings and bracelet and/or necklace I will wear. I'm leaning towards classic pearls - Any suggestions?  

How did you choose your veil and shoes? Are you going for colored shoes or traditional white? Heels or flats?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. what brand shoes are those? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them from Zappos - but it doesn't look like they carry them anymore. The brand is Me Too and the style is Jeanette in fuchsia satin.

    ReplyDelete