Spread the Love

You know, there are probably a few things on my wedding To-Do list that may be negotiable. One item that is not normally a must - but I'm not budging on - is favors. More specifically - homemade jam favors. You heard me right! My mom and I will be making homemade jam this summer and then giving them away as favors at the wedding. So far the only kind I am set on is raspberry, but I'm also thinking strawberry (or strawberry rhubarb!).  I bought the cutest bakers twine from Annes Paper Boutique and some hang tags from Kats Paper Trail (both on etsy), then stamped "Thank You!" on all the hang tags.

The project will eventually look a little something like this...

I love the idea of homemade jam as wedding favors for so many reasons - 1) By getting all our berries at local u-pick farms and farmers markets, we are supporting Yakima 2) I've always thought that edible wedding favors are the way to go. Honestly, who doesn't want homemade jam?? 3) One of the wedding colors will be raspberry/deep fuchsia pink. Our favors match the wedding? Score! 4) I like that it will be homemade. Canning all our jam will be a fun project for my mom and I this summer and 5) I will get to make a cute sign that says "Spread the Love"!

Are you planning on having favors at your wedding? What kind?


Photobucket

Update: What do you think about using fabric to show what flavor the jam is?? (WeddingBee)

No comments:

Post a Comment