Paper straws, Matchbooks, and Other frivolous things

Oh hey! Hi! Sorry I'm a day late this week - I'm making a few changes in my personal life and its been a little consuming these last couple of weeks, trying to fit everything together in a perfect little puzzle. Its been sort of like a tennis match, I hit the ball on the "wedding" side of the court and it travels back over to my "school/job" side of the court... and then back again. Right now with no huge looming wedding tasks, school/job have the ball.  My brain can only really focus on one major task at a time, unfortunately.
(I've got a lot on my plate right now. Get it??)

But, you know me, even when I don't have big wedding tasks to accomplish, I manage to still do something. Like ordering little custom matchbooks for our reception cigar bar and paper straws for our drinks bar! 
Raspberry Sherbet striped paper straws - It's love at first sight

And I need to rant about square envelopes. Remember how I mentioned that our Save the Dates are square? Well when I took one into the post office to assess the stamp situation - I learned that they are a tad oversize and are considered a package. Now, I knew I was getting into something a bit more expensive with these square envelopes... but I didn't know these tiny, 6in x 6in square envelopes would cost me .88cents per invite to mail. Thats right, TWO STAMPS! Ugh. So I left the post office $130 poorer, cursing square envelopes under my breath. The good news is that since each envelope requires two stamps, I purchased the King and Queen of Hearts stamps and every envelope will have one of each. Cute, right? 



As our "One Year Until" mark approaches quickly, I am definitely getting more and more excited. This time next year I will be one week away from my wedding - oh boy am I ready for that day! I can't wait to see everything come together and to be married finally.

Did you find it hard to juggle wedding planning with the rest of your hectic life sometimes?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment