April Showers

You know the saying, April showers bring May flowers - but it also brought be right into Melia's office one late April Saturday to chitty chat about wedding flowers. I don't think I honestly considered having anyone else be our wedding florist - I have been following Melia's work since way before I got engaged, so I knew when the time came, I'd insist she was our florist.

That was Melia's work! (insert jaw drop)

April showers bring May flowers - but more importantly, they bring peonies. That’s right, marrying in June makes me lucky enough to have peonies for my wedding flowers. Perfect pinks and classic whites, these ruffly blooms pack a lot of pretty, feminine power in a short blooming season. And guess what? I'm obsessed. Truth be told, I insisted on a spring wedding just so that I could carry these drop dead gorgeous blooms. 
We decided that I will carry a bouquet of the dark pink/fuchsia peonies, my two maids of honor/sisters will carry a mix of white and light pink peonies, my 5 bridesmaids will carry all white peony bouquets, and finally my junior bridesmaid will carry a small bouquet of three white peonies. 
Boutonniere inspiration

See how those white peonies have hints of dark pink in them? We will be using those for our centerpieces and  we may have a couple floating peony centerpieces too. 

Melia is so super fun to work with and her prices are very reasonable - for all our bouquets, 32 centerpieces, church flowers, boutonnieres, corsages, etc her quote came in a whole $35 under budget! :-) If thats not perfect, I just don't know what is. 

How did you pick your wedding flowers? Did you pick by color or by type of flower? 

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment