6 down, 15 to go

I'm almost a third of the way through my engagement! 

As a sit here and think back over our 6 months of engagement, I'm actually surprised at all I/we have gotten done - and more importantly, without any stress. Just within the first month we had a concrete budget, figured out a date, booked our reception site and an incredible photographer, and even more! My good friend Andrea got married in October after 6 months of engagement and I have so much appreciation for all she accomplished in such a short time. One of the biggest lessons I have learned in my 6 months of engagement is that there is no right or wrong way to plan a wedding. I am very "list oriented", I love having schedules and organized to-do lists, so when I (almost immediately) strayed from The Knots "order in which things should be planned", it surprised me a little bit.  It was my first wedding lesson :  I learned how to just let things go. It doesn't matter if I do things "in order" - as long as it all gets done. Do what feels good to you, make decisions as they come (when you have time and energy), and relax. 

I've still got a lot of details to catch you up on - but I want to know, what was your first major "wedding lesson"? Did something surprise you? Is there anything you had to just let go of??  

Remember : There is no right or wrong way to plan a wedding, so just let it go. It just doesn't matter because in the end of all the planning, we will all (hopefully!) end up married to a wonderful person. That is what matters.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment