The Dress

Unfortunately for my pride, everyone (especially my mom) was right. They were right when they said "Don't set your mind on one style of wedding dress, try everything on first". Well me being A Very Decisive Bride, disagreed. I knew what I wanted for a wedding dress - I wanted lace, lace, and more lace! I wanted sheath, I wanted flowing fabric, I wanted a classic, timeless, elegant dress. 
(Like this Monique Lhuillier 'Scarlet' gown!)

On a random Saturday in January, my mom, sister, and I decided to drive to the Tri-Cities to "just try on" some wedding dresses. I tried on so many beautiful gowns but I fell deeply, madly in love with a form fitting, trumpet, 100% silk  (no lace!), Rivini wedding dress. 

And I simply couldn't leave the store without it... so I bought it! 

Just like that, I had my wedding dress (way ahead of schedule) and its nothing like what I was so sure I wanted. But its perfect! Absolutely, one hundred percent, perfect. Its so timeless and classic - it makes me feel elegant and mature. No bling, no beading, just me and a form fitting silk gown. Its everything I never knew I wanted, plus a whole lot more.

I bought it off the rack and although it needs a few alterations (I'm going to give it a true sweetheart neckline, shorten the length an inch or two, and let the seams out around my thighs just a tad so that I can dance the night away), its already a dream come true.

Guess what else?? 

I also just recently purchased a second "reception dress" - its a short, white battenburg lace (yay!) Betsey Johnson dress that I will change into at some point in the reception so I can really bust a move! AND my wedding shoes and a veil - but I will save those two for another post :-)

Was wedding dress shopping time consuming for you or was it way easier than you thought it would be?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. i prefer the short wedding dress over some flashy wedding dress. :)



    salon uniforms

    ReplyDelete