My Photography Obsession

Since I had been completely immersed in the wedding planning world for over a year by the time Nate and I were engaged, I had countless planning ideas floating around my head from engagement day 1. One of the things I had spent a fair amount of time researching was Yakima area photographers. My family has hired both Memory Montage Productions and Stone Castle at two different times, I knew quite a few people who booked Michael Fisk as their wedding photographer, and my best friend hired Parson’s Photography (just to name a very select few).

Over a year ago, I saw an engagement session that blew my mind...and it was done by a photographer I had not stalked investigated yet! My favorite part of photography is when the photographer can go beyond excellent shots and really capture personalities. The engagement shoot was of two people I knew - and what made it so incredible, was that it captured their personalities better than I had ever seen.  And that my friends, is when Jennifer Dagdagan became the love of my life.

I then featured her work on my other blog (Love Made Visible), time and time again being blown away by her family, engagement, and wedding shoots all the same. Jenny is primarily a family photographer, taking only  a few weddings a year. She doesn't take the same pictures over and over, she thinks outside the box, focuses more on people than making people fit her vision, and let me just say she is one of the coolest chicks to hang with. My friend Katelyn (whose engagement session started my Jenny obsession), said "Jennifer is absolutely amazing and has the best personality for a photographer, she makes everything feel so comfortable!". 


So long introduction short, booking Jenny as our wedding photographer was a no-brainer. 

Fast forward a couple months to November and my parents were throwing us an incredible engagement dinner at The Carousel - and so I invited Jenny and her husband Larry to come along. She, being the incredibly rad lady she is, of course came, enjoyed the delicious meal, and snapped some pictures for us. What?! Jenny quality pictures of my engagement party? Someone pinch me, she is too good to be true!

As if  I could love her any more, less than a month after our beautiful engagement party, I got a disk with these pictures -







 haha, Jenny caught me not really loving  the escargot.


 Nate and I 

 My best friend Megan and I 

And of course, the yummy food!

So there you have it! A formal introduction with our wedding photographer/love of my life/raddest chick ever : Jennifer Dagdagan!

Disclaimer : I cannot be held responsible if you have now formed an irreversible photography obsession and start stalking her work. Don't feel bad, it happened to me too.

Photobucket


For a very extensive list of area photographers, check out YVB  - photography

1 comment:

  1. I love you Man! (By man I mean incredibly awesome chick...and freaky stalker/ego booster)

    ReplyDelete