What's for dinner?

One of the biggest decisions we were recently faced with was catering. What to eat? Who to hire? How do I get the most food for my money? I don't consider myself a foodie but I definitely had some opinions of what I like and don't like - especially when it comes to wedding food! For instance, I have a serious aversion to eating warm pasta outside in the summer. (weird? Probably). We also don't have an unlimited food budget, so I needed to find someone who could stretch our money.

So I met with/emailed a couple of local caterers with my  No Pasta! rule. After all my research, I finally met with a caterer who helped me jump way outside the "traditional wedding food" box - within budget-  and we are both so excited! I'm not going to reveal the exact menu (lets leave some surprises!) but I can tell you, its going to be so scrumptious!

So drum roll... who is the caterer? We have chosen A Midsummer Night catering! I really feel like we are getting a lot for our money by hiring Betsy and her staff. I love that we will be having a cocktail hour (included in her catering packages) and how on board she is with our unique menu.

With our catering decision, I'm really feeling like the wedding is coming together! I've got almost all the big pieces in place and I'm feeling so excited! Less than 9 months to go folks!

How did you choose a caterer? Did you think outside the box?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment