Working on my Fitness

I've been very blessed in that I can pretty much maintain my weight without too much effort. But lets clarify - being slender does not equal being in shape. So although I don't have a need to loose lots of weight before the wedding, I do feel like there is no time like the present to get my booty in shape finally. Plus, I figured regular exercise would definitely help my stress level as the wedding gets closer.

I've been itching to learn how to run over the past few years and decided now was the time! I did some research and ended up buying an app for my phone called "Couch to 5k" (the program is available online too, so don't fret if you're Android/iPhone-less!). Its a 9 week running program, three days a week, and by the end of the program, I should be running 30 minutes straight (a little over 3 miles = 5k). So far, I have been really pleased with the program! I feel like I can handle the workouts, and as you may know, learning how to run and getting into shape is sometimes a very mental process. I feel like I am accomplishing my goal and I feel good about my progress. Success!

As added motivation, I signed myself up for a 5k run here in Seattle on September 11th. I'm going to be really excited when I run that whole race!

To me, getting in shape right now is more than just fitting into/looking good in a wedding dress (although, that is definitely a factor!) - I want to do this for myself, to feel good about the progress I've made, and the fitness goals I can accomplish. I want to be able to run! And with the wedding coming up, it is a perfect excuse to finally get going!

What have you been doing fitness-wise to prepare for your upcoming wedding?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment